NSW Police kicked in the door of the Campsie property on Canterbury Road to find 483 plants of varying sizes.
Watch more on the massive bust in the video above
Watch the latest News on Channel 7 or stream for free on 7plus >>
Officers seized the plants, which will now be destroyed.
Police are continuing to hunt for the grower.
Campsie Police warned residents to be alert for the signs of a hydro house, including:
- Increased security measures (roller shutters, fences, vicious dogs in the yard)
- Increased use of electricity or water
- Illegal connection to electrical supply
- Condensation on windows
- Continual running of generators and lights
- Disposal of large amounts of garbage
- Large quantities of chemicals and fertilisers around the premises
- Locks or other methods in place to prevent access to the electricity meter box
- Discarded plastic containers and strong odours (fertilisers, liquid and bagged growing cultures).
The maximum penalty for possessing a commercial quantity of cannabis – more than 250 plants or 50 enhanced indoor plants – brings a maximum penalty of $385,000 and/or 15 years behind bars.